This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
As we all do our part, by staying home and social distancing, to stop the spread of Coronavirus, were looking for things to keep us occupied. Many brides and mothers of brides are wondering what wedding planning activities they can do while they’re staying home. What are you doing to move forward on planning your big day?
List of Top Wedding Planning Activities you can do during #stayathome
If you had to postpone your wedding, here is a list of wedding planning activities to consider:
- Email your vendors (venues, florist, photographer, DJ, caterer, etc.) to confirm the new details of the wedding date, times, location, payment due dates and revised dates for headcounts.
- Make a list of revised payment dates, what’s paid and what’s due.
- Update your wedding website with new dates, times, and hotel room block information.
- Remind guests to cancel their hotel room reservations so they won’t be billed for a “no show”.
- If you postponed your wedding, you may need to send out detail cards, with the new date and time and RSVPs for the new date.
- Reorganize your current wedding planning binder and update your wedding planning checklist.
- Gather emails for wedding date and shower updates.
- Send thank-you notes for any gifts that you have received.
- Review and revise honeymoon plans as needed.
Less than 6 months out
- Make your playlists maybe have a dance party with your future husband. Facetime your parents to pick father/ daughter and mother/ son songs.
- Write your vows.
- Create a hair and makeup timeline.
- Reorganize your wedding planning binder.
- Look for storage solutions for all of your accumulated decor. I recommend clear plastic bins so you can see what’s inside and label the lid with the contents.
- Make a list of what’s been paid vs what’s due.
- Hunt for deals on wedding decor (fairy lights, candles, and faux florals)
- Work on your wedding day timeline.
- Gather pictures for your memory table and look for picture frames.
- Figure out smaller items that you need for your big day, like favors, guest book, cake knife, etc.
- Address your invitations.
- Order gift bags, gifts for the bridal party, parent gifts, hangers for your girls.
- Create your slide show.
- Create a document for your day of coordinator that has a picture of each piece of decor, and instructions about where it should be.
- Order the rest of your accessories for your wedding day outfit. Garter, hairpiece, necklace, bracelet, stockings, etc.
- Work on your DIY items like centerpieces.
More than 6 months out
- Pick out your colors, create or add to your Pinterest boards.
- Line up, potential caterers and other vendors.
- Make a wedding planning binder.
- Gather addresses for save the dates and wedding invitations.
- Create or work on your wedding website.
- Address your Save the Dates.
- Research flowers, decor, and music.
- Research wedding insurance.
- Work on your wedding registry.
Positives of Postponement
I know that many of you are heartbroken. This is an incredibly difficult time for brides and grooms who have to postpone their weddings. Here are a few of the positives that my brides have mentioned about postponing their weddings…
1. I have (a lot) more time to make decisions on little details that were stressing me out.
2. I have over 100 mini bottles of hand sanitizer favors that I’ll be donating to healthcare providers.
3. More time to work out so we’ll feel extra confident and healthy on our wedding day.
4. We got to see how kind and flexible our vendors are, which makes us even more excited to work with them.
5. Some of my relatives who couldn’t come to our April wedding will be able to come now.
6. I know we’re doing our part to flatten the curve by staying home and know that we aren’t risking our loved ones or the healthcare workers on the front lines fighting this horrible virus.
I wish each of you the best on your wedding and your planning. If you need anything, please reach out to me.
Blessings and Blue Skies!