* This post contains affiliate links
Recently, several brides have asked about the “best” wedding registry. In my opinion, the best registry is easy for you to use and convenient for your guests. You have many wedding registry options. According to Wikipedia “For the last 85 years, brides in America have been creating a bridal or wedding registry. The very first registry was created in 1924 in Chicago, Illinois at the Marshall Fields Department Store as a means for an engaged couple to choose their china, silver and crystal patterns.”
Fast forward to today, grooms are more involved in selecting items on the wedding registry and couples are waiting longer to get married so they often have many of the more traditional wedding registry items like towels, sheets, dishes, etc. Honeymoon registries and charity registries have evolved and provide alternatives to the traditional wedding registry. Universal registries allow the bridal couple to register in one spot but choose items from several different stores.
Both you and your guests will be using your registry so make sure you have a good variety of items and price ranges. For your guests, registries take the guesswork out of choosing the perfect present. Don’t forget to update your registry after your first couple of showers. When you’re looking at registering, keep the following in mind.
What you want in a registry…
- A wide selection of items
- Easy to enroll, update and use
- No hassle returns and exchanges
What your guests want in a registry…
- A wide range of price option
- Easy to access and use
- An array of options to choose from
The Big 3
- Bed Bath and Beyond – this is one of the most popular wedding registries because they have a wide selection to choose from, varied price points, easy to use both in person and online and their return/ exchange policy is one of the best around! You can create your registry in store or online and it is easy to update. Check out…. Start to Finish Incentive Program, Completion Program, and Hassle Free Returns.
Bed Bath and Beyond Favorite items
2. Target – Brides like it because it is available online as well as having a brick and mortar store for their guests to shop. They have a wide selection, easy returns and exchanges and the prices are reasonable. Target has also partnered with Honeyfund, which allows friends and family to contribute to your honeymoon, travel, date nights and more. Target allows group gifting so friends and family can contribute to a group gift.
Target has a 15% coupon to complete your registry. It’s for on remaining registry items only. Offer is valid for one transaction at a Target store and for one online purchase to one address, when used before expiration date.
3. Amazon – Amazon has become increasingly popular. After all, what DON’T they sell? Their registry is easy for both the you and your guests to use. Downside is that you can’t touch and feel the item unless you order it. For some brides, they want to see how their dishes are going to look with the silverware and this can be difficult online.
Amazon has a Wedding Registry Completion Discount for qualifying Amazon Wedding registrants, after your wedding date, enjoy a one-time 20% discount for Prime members or a one-time 10% discount for non-Prime members on select items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. They offer free shipping for Prime members and non-Prime members get free shipping on orders over $25. Returns need to be made within 180 days. Amazon offers bonus gifts when you register for items from select vendors. Make sure you read the fine print to understand the programs and the restrictions.
Amazon’s Popular Wedding Gifts
These are a few of the many registry options. Where are you registered?
In one of my next posts I’ll look at a few other options, especially some of the small businesses in your area.